Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a little bed rest and lots of stress

First of all, please excuse the boringness of my little blog these days. I seriously need to change to something a little "happier". This last week has been crazy. Last tuesday I started feeling a little yucky, just really tired, no appetite, I could barely get off the couch. Wednesday afternoon it was worse. I felt kinda like I just had a bug, and really didn't feel like it was baby related. Everyone kept saying "just go in and get checked out for peace of mind that it's not related to the pregnancy", I did. Well.....I got to the doctor at 11:00 and by 2:00 I was at the hospital. I was quite emotional at this point because I was of course thinking the worst, and my kids were not prepared for this!!! Anyway, the doctor did a test to see if I was at risk for going into pre term labor in the next 2-3 weeks, and it came back positive. They put me on the moniters for about an hour and a half, and I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes. I called Hale to meet me, and got the kids taken care of and was off the the hospital. They gave me fluids, and 2 shots to stop the contractions, and a steroid shot for the baby's lungs, and luckily let me go at about 7:30 that night. Weston was with Jennifer and Gracie was with my friend Roxanne so they were happy. I, on the other hand, was a basket case. I was thinking how awful it would be if I was stuck in the hospital, I am only 28 weeks. The contractions stopped, but I was really shaky and weird feeling from the shots. So anyway, I got home and went to sleep, and felt good th next day, and the next. Then Sunday came and I felt terrible, and had NO energy. The kids had spent the night with my parents, and came home about 3:30. Then at 4:00 the contractions were back. I watched them for about 2 hours, and then at 6:30 headed back to the hospital. I talked Hale into staying home with the kids so they could get baths and get to bed, and I didn't want them to be upset if we had to leave. Jennifer picked me up, and I had a breakdown. It was okay in the end. I WAS having contractions every few minutes, but 10 minutes after the first shot they stopped. I had 3 shots that night, and am just praying that they do not come back. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday to see what the plan is. We do not need a baby for atleast another 8 weeks!!! She weighs about 2 lbs, right now, but her little lungs are not ready for the world yet!
Oh, and by the way, Blessing # 3's name ..........Chloe Beatrice!! We just like Chloe, and Beatrice is after Hale's Mom.
I'll update on Wednesday, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment